Simple, beautiful, beyond smart
Android 4.0 builds on the things people love most about Android — easy multitasking, rich notifications, customizable home screens, resizable widgets, and deep interactivity — and adds powerful new ways of communicating and sharing.
Refined, evolved UI
- Refined animations and feedback throughout the system make interactions engaging and interesting.
- An entirely new typeface optimized for high-resolution screens improves readability and brings a polished, modern feel to the user interface.
- Virtual buttons in the System Bar let users navigate instantly to Back, Home, and Recent Apps.
- New lock screen actions -The lock screens now let users do more without unlocking. From the slide lock screen.
- Users can jump directly to the camera for a picture or pull down the notifications window to check for messages. When listening to music, users can even manage music tracks and see album art.
|Recent App List|
- Multitasking is a key strength of Android 4.0. The Recent Apps button lets users jump instantly from one task to another using the list in the System Bar. The list pops up to show thumbnail images of apps used recently — tapping a thumbnail switches to the app.
- Home screen folders and favorites tray offers a new way for users to group their apps and shortcuts logically, just by dragging one onto another.
- Re-sizable widgets - Home screens in Android 4.0 are designed to be content-rich and customizable. Users can do much more than add shortcuts — they can embed live application content directly through interactive widgets.
- Improved text input and spell-checking -The soft keyboard in Android 4.0 makes text input even faster and more accurate. Error correction and word suggestion are improved through a new set of default dictionaries and more accurate heuristics for handling cases such as double-typed characters, skipped letters, and omitted spaces.
|Data Usage Control|
- Control over network data -Android 4.0 adds new controls for managing network data usage.
- In the Settings app, colorful charts show the total data usage on each network type (mobile or WI-FI), as well as amount of data used by each running application. Based on their data plans, users can optionally set warning levels or hard limits on data usage or disable mobile data altogether.
Communication and sharing
Designed for the way people live, Android 4.0 integrates rich social communication and sharing touch points across the system, making it easy to talk, email, text, and share.
- People and profiles - Throughout the system, a user’s social groups, profiles, and contacts are linked together and integrated for easy accessibility.
- At the center is a new People app that offers richer profile information, including a large profile picture, phone numbers, addresses and accounts, status updates, events, stream items, and a new button for connecting on integrated social networks.
- Unified calendar, visual voice mail-To help organize appointments and events, an updated Calendar app brings together personal, work, school, and social agendas. With user permission, other applications can contribute events to the calendar and manage reminders, for an integrated view across multiple calendar providers.
- Rich and versatile camera capabilities-When taking pictures, continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, and decreased shot-to-shot speed help capture clear, precise images.
- Stabilized image zoom lets users compose photos and video in the way they want, including while video is recording.
- Users can now take snapshots at full video resolution just by tapping the screen as video continues to record.
- Redesigned Gallery app with photo editor-The Gallery app now makes it easier to manage, show, and share photos and videos. For managing collections, a redesigned album layout shows many more albums and offers larger thumbnails.
Improved email -In Android 4.0, email is easier to send, read, and manage. For composing email, improved auto-completion of recipients helps with finding and adding frequent contacts more quickly.